My Blog List

Friday, March 11, 2011

Write-Write-Edit-Edit-Edit

   While I am waiting to hear from my publisher I am editing,editing, editing my next book. For every word you write you edit three times, at least that's how it seems to me.
   I guess there are some authors, who are so practiced or talented, they can write, edit once and it's done. I am neither practiced or that talented. I am sure I will be editing my book even after that beautiful hardback copy is in my hands.
   I do belong to a wonderful small critique group. I would never have made it this far without them. I am  thankful for their gift of seeing forgotten commas, lack of emotion, unnecessary words, etc. They find  all these after I have edited the pages at least three times.
   The best thing about this group is we cheer each other on, hold each other's hand in the down times, and celebrate the good times. What a blessing.
  

2 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's so great! One of things I enjoy about my crit group is the support too.

Kaye said...

Jennifer: there was a period of time when our group didn't meet and I missed that support so much. I am glad we are back together.