My Blog List

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Beginnings

   There's a new look to my blog, a new energy in my life and a new venture in my writing.
    Late in December, while I was with my critique group, I received a phone call from Avalon Books. Their question took my breath away. "Is your book Deverell's Dilemma still available?" When I could speak I assured her it was. "Would you like a contract with Avalon Books?" Would I like a contract? I could hardly contain myself. "Yes," I gasped. I heard a soft chuckle on the other side of the line.
   Meanwhile my partners were listening intently. When I hung up I was in shock. "They want my book." Pandemonium broke loose. Screaming and jumping and hugs all around. Needless to say not much was accomplished after that. It was days before I could think straight.
  It is all a bit surreal yet. Maybe when I get my publishing date or see my book cover I'll believe it. I'll let you know.
 

No comments: